Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Seek Allah, Find Signs, Hope After Fear

 
 
SubhanAllah when you seek Allah with your heart and you have hope in Him, you always find the resources and help you need presented right in front of you moments later.
 
I was in search of a feeling of "al amnah" safety, a feeling of I should not be worried of anything in this dunya as long as Allah is with me. I was thinking about the ayah of how Allah is closer to you then your juglar vein. This is enough to make you think Allah is with me, I am strong.
 
During my visit today to the Masjid for  meetings, my favorite Sheikh recited one of my favorite Surahs during salat al isha. It has been a while since I prayed isha at the mosque and he recited one of my favorite surahs, Surat Al Hadid which had ayas I needed to hear.
I also rembered Ramadan and the beautiful late night tarawehh prayers that bring you sooooo much peace !! Ya Allah!!!
 
He began reciting from ayah 16, but the ayahs before it contain the concept of "nour" and how on the Day of Judgement some people will have nour. I always try to imagine how it would be to be of those people who have nour on the Day of Judgement. I always wonder if you can attain this state of "nour" on the earth.
 
 
 
 
57:12
 
On the Day you see the believing men and believing women, their light proceeding before them and on their right, [it will be said], "Your good tidings today are [of] gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein you will abide eternally." That is what is the great attainment. Aya 12
 
The ayah after this is about the ones who wont have nour !
 
57:13
 
On the [same] Day the hypocrite men and hypocrite women will say to those who believed, "Wait for us that we may acquire some of your light." It will be said, "Go back behind you and seek light." And a wall will be placed between them with a door, its interior containing mercy, but on the outside of it is torment.(aya 13).
 
 
 
Then there is the ayas where the Sheikh began to recite: aya 16
 
 
57:16
 
Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient" (Aya 16)
 
following ayah:
 
When he was reciting this ayah I thought of the conversation I had with one of my co workers who was telling me how he loves Islam and he wanted to convert but his wife did not want him to. He grew up in the country of Cameron which has alot of Muslims and he said he loved how when it came to prayer they would stop everything just to pray, and the calm feeling one gets when they connect with God.
This ayah reminded me of our conversation because sometimes unintentionally we kind of forget about the remembrance of Allah. Look up the words "Remember Allah" in the Quran index and see how many ayas come up. Allah is constantly reminding us to remember Him. When we remember Him our hearts are at rest and this is what my co worker was trying to tell me. SubhanAllah how you can learn from a non Muslim! Please make duaa for him inshAllah.
 
 
Ayah 20 was about "hayat al dunya" (I love this term!)
 
57:20
 
"Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion" (Aya 20).
 
 
A good lecture which gave me a better understanding of this ayah was a Mustfah Hosny short 4 min lecture I heard (cant find it).
 
Its amazing how this ayah describes our state so much....the word "competition: watafakhurunbaynakum".  Are we competing for who has a better job or better car or are we competing for who is racing to Jannah....
 
The ayah after this one starts with the word "race"
 
This is what we should competing and racing to :
 
 
57:21
"Race toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty" (Ayah 21)
 
 
 
This ayahs descirption of width is amazing !
 
 
 
Then I heard the following ayahs about situations we perceive as negative. This ayah really hit my heart as I really needed that reminder....the reminder that:
57:22
 
No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being    indeed that, for Allah , is easy 
 
 
And that I shouldnt be sad for these matters which are all apart of "hayat al dunya" but at the same time I shouldnt get to excited or show off about the good I have ...just be moderate ...love this!!
 

57:23
 
 
"In order that you may not be sad over matters that you fail to get, nor rejoice because of that which has been given to you. And Allah does not like everyone self deluded and boastful" (Aya 23)
 
Seek Allah and you will find a million signs in front of you...what a beautiful feeling from "fear" to "al amanah" safety! All because of a trip to the masjid<3

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment