Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Graduated! AlhumdAllah

Through the Will of Allah, my efforts, my parents, and my trust in Allah I completed my last class for my undergraduate class. 
 
The coolest thing is that I completed my degree at the age 20 on December 20 =D
 
AlhumdAllah!!!
 
 Now its time to ask my reallllly kind former boss the Director of Admissions, alongside with my realllyyy kind mentor the Vice Presdient of Student Affairs if I can do some smallllll type of talk at graduation (dawah!).I would start off with some really nice hadith and then it would go something like this:




“I seek to redefine the image of Muslim-American women, just as Barack Obama has redefined the image of African-Americans. I am concerned about the negative stereotypes people hold of Muslim women. I will take advantage of the freedom and great opportunities I have been given. I hope that my choice of attending university will present a positive counter image to the prevailing stereotypes.”
As I look back at this personal statement I wrote in 2010 upon applying for colleges, I cant help but smile thinking to myself how my whole college career revolved around this goal. I think and I hope I have successfully attained this goal. At the same time I was also able to learn about others.
For multicultural week, my work-study office, the Office of Campus Life hosted a cypher. I walked in thinking oh okay ill go listen, but I found myself also participating. The stereotypes were totally shattered in that room when you had people of all cultures or religious backgrounds participates in this free style expression. This diverse environment NJCU provides is more than just a way in which the school markets itself. Diversity is not just a matter of having a bunch of people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds in the same place at the same time, but rather it is when you can get those people to respectfully exchange ideas and get along with one another.

And than inshAllah if I actually get to make this speech at graduation I can look back at this post  just like the post below: and say wow !!!

 
SubhanAllah I am looking back at this post  from August 2012 about how I was planning to graduate, wow that was fast!
 
This is one of my favorite pictures, and every time something successful happens I remember it.
Always remeber this aya when something successful happens to you! And be grateful to Allah, and dont give yourself to much credit.
 
 
Time to share this awesome picture for this awesome moment =D



"And my success (in my task) can only come from Allah"
-Holy Quran

No comments:

Post a Comment