Wednesday, March 7, 2012


Marriage, Dont Think About It Change Your Focus



Lately I have been hearing and reading alot about love and marriage in Islam. (I think cuz its feb?). Most of the messages were similiar but today I took home a new message from a marriage-haya lecture...

The imam (Imran Salha) said something I havent heard of from past books,lectures, or articles on marriage. He mentioned a differnt aya about marriage, he mentioned the following aya,

"And let the ones who do
not find (the means) to wed keep
abstaining until Allah enriches them of His Grace.."24:33


The imam said, this means to fill your time with things other then marriage until Allah provides you with marriage. Dont think about marriage, go to the masjid, volunteer, finish school, marriage will come to you when Allah wills from sources you dont know of.

Make your focus towards Allah not marriage. You cannot work towards marriage because marriage comes from Allah. Connect with Allah and then inshallah Allah will provide you with marriage.

When I came home, I again came across a lecture about marriage by Yasmine Moghed, although I wasnt really paying attention, I caught her saying, marriage is not our end, but rather Allah is our end.

What have I learned from these two speakers? The goal is not marriage, but rather it is pleasing Allah. Our focus is not marriage, but rathr it should be Allah. We do not provide ourselves with a spouse, but rather Allah is the provider. Every step we take is with Allah, we start with Allah by making our intentions to please Allah, and we end with pleasing Allah. The journey with Allah never ends. Everything thorughout our journey in life is for Allah.


No comments:

Post a Comment